Support the “Illuminations” Traveling Art Installation
Illuminations Installation at Finder’s Creepers Gallery
- please set some widgets to show from Appearance -> Widgets.
Titles of the Illuminati:
(rewards for donors)
- “Man (or Woman!) in Black”: $3:00 Secret Agent in the service of invisible powers! Signed postcard of the “Fountain of Illusion” is your reward!
- “Knight Templar”: $12:00 Sworn soldier-priest of the New World Order! Your reward is a 6″ x 8″ signed inkjet print of the David Normal painting of your choice.
- “Committee of 300″: $23:00 You are a master of corporate mind control! Your reward is a 8.5″ x 11″ signed inkjet print of the David Normal painting of your choice.
- “Council of 13″: $69:00 You are an oligarch within the 13 ruling aristocracies that control the fate of the Earth! Your reward is a 13″ x 19″ signed inkjet print of the David Normal painting of your choice. You are also invited to the “Illuminati Indonesian Feast” at Burning Man or on a future date in the Bay Area.
- “Reptilian Overlord”: $177:00 You are a shape-shifting reptiloid extraterrestrial overlord! Your reward is a small Illumination (8.5″ x 11″) of the painting of your choice.
- “Eternal Illuminatus in Excelsius”: $313:00 Omnipotent grandmaster of the Illuminati lodge in perpetuity! Your reward is a small Illumination (8.5″ x 11″) + a 13″ x 19″ signed inkjet print+an original pen and ink drawing+invitation to the “Illuminati Indonesian Dinner”.
- “The Mysterious Other”: $??? Lord of Uncertainty! You determine the sum of your donation, and are rewarded accordingly.
For more information about the prints click here
About the Illuminations Installation and this Fundraiser
- What are the Illuminations?
The Illuminations are a series of glowing, self-illuminating prints based on Normal’s imaginative paintings. Exquisitely printed images are made to glow, like a kind of stained glass window. The handsomely framed glowing Illuminations are a uniquely mesmerizing mode of display that is ideal for Normal’s otherworldly visions. Normal created the first set of these Illuminations during the Spring of 2010 and recently exhibited them in Italy, Minneapolis and also Des Moines, Iowa. They are currently on display in Salt Lake City. More photos and video from the exhibits can be seen here: http://normal.bz/401/2010/07/the-illuminations/
The next exhibit of the Illuminations will be at the Center Camp Cafe’ at Burning Man 2010. The Cafe’ is one of the central “institutions” of Burning Man. A vast dome 250′ wide and 20′ tall, it is a hospitable public space where most participants in the festival vist. A set of framed large format prints (6′ x 9′) will hang from the central structure of the dome, while the series of Illuminations will be installed around the perimeter of the dome in the alcove openings. This will be an imposing exhibit that will bring a lot of attention to my work, and therefore I am striving to produce this, and will appreciate your assistance in the effort.
- What are the funds being used for?
I am seeking funds specifically for creating more of the Illumination pieces. Money will be used for ink jet printmaking, manufacturing frames, and purchasing materials such as LED light strips, acrylic sheets, paints; varnishes; and adhesives; and necessary tools and hardware. The Illuminations are not solely a Burning Man project! Your donation is going towards an ongoing traveling art exhibition, of which Burning Man is just one, albeit glorious, stop. If you would like to know more about how the funds are spent I will provide you with details of my budget. Contact me.
- How are supporters rewarded?
As a reward for support of the Illuminations I am offering a range of generous thank you gifts. These are what I call my “Titles of the Illuminati”. Not only am I awarding you with a ridiculous certificate of membership in a non-existent secret society, but I will be giving beautiful limited edition signed prints (“series 1″) in sizes proportionate to the donation. You can choose your print image from those available on the Left Sidebar of my blog. Additionally, April Lelia, my wife, and I will be offering invitation to a special “Illuminati Indonesian Feast” for higher donations. This meal will be held at Burning Man, but for those who cannot attend Burning Man we will hold another celebration in the Bay Area at a future date. To the very highest donors I am awarding small Illuminations. The small Illuminations are a real bargain, and are destined to become a prized collector’s item.
- Are there other ways to give support?
I am also inviting companies to make donations of materials or services. In exchange I offer awards like those described above, and also prominent placement as a corporate sponsor in online, and in all promotional materials. Illuminations images may be used in company promotion also. Contact me for more details
Another type of sponsorship I value is assistance in getting the word out. Promotion. If you have a blog, a big twitter following, a mailing list, or a huge social network I will appreciate it if you pass the word along, and I will reward your effort with my gifts, and with credit on this blog and in other promotional materials. Contact me to make a plan.
N.B.: I will continue with this project whether I receive substantial donations or not. This installation will be at Burning Man whether I raise funds this way or not. This fundraising page is just an effort to offset the expenses of what are expensive productions for an independent artist.
Prints and Illuminations will be sent out in September – after the dust of Burning Man has settled slightly.
A list of donors can be found here.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you will donate to the Illuminations and gain one of my beautiful prints.
- David Normal